Sunday, October 30, 2005

I saw Hitler!

I was surprised to see Adolf Hitler on screen when we entered the hall today. It was the second day of the film festival and we entered late. On screen was the German movie "Downfall," picturing the last days of Hitler and the Second World War.

Then came the French movie "A very long engagement," based on First World War. The film was directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Audrey Tautou was in the lead. "Amelie," another movie by the same pair, is the first French film I saw and it is one of my favourites.

The movie of the day was "Gloomy Sunday," a German movie by Rolf Schubel. It was about a haunting music composition, which leads to a number of suicides including that of its composer.
I came back, ‘googled' Gloomy Sunday and found out that there is actually a Hungarian music piece which lead to suicides of more than 100 people! Surely "Gloomy Sunday" made Saturday sizzling!

No comments: